Download Capcut for Android or Apple or Windows.
- Which data is collected from the user?
- How is your information utilized?
- With whom your data is shared?
- How long will Capcut keep your data?
- How will you get to know of any policy changes?
- Data items collected from the users
- What happens to the information collected from you?
- To whom does Capcut share information with?
- Where is your data stored?
- What are your rights on the Capcut platform?
- Is the information submitted secure?
- How long is the data retained?
- Is Capcut suitable for Children?
- Where to raise complaints?
Your privacy will always be protected and respected by Capcut. This privacy statement outlines the legal foundations upon which we may use, handle, exchange, and/or transfer any personal data you supply to us or that we obtain from you. Before using or using the Platform or the services, try reading this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your data and how we will manage it.
You acknowledge that you have read and understand the practices outlined in this Policy by obtaining or using the System and our relevant sites, services, applications, products, and/or content accessible on the Platform. You hereby consent to our collection, use, processing, disclosure, or transfer of your personal data in accordance with this Policy.
You shouldn’t access or utilize the Platform or Products if you disagree with this Policy.
The Platform consists of the CapCut cellphone software packages, desktop software applications, the official CapCut website, CapCut services in other forms that are currently or subsequently developed, related Software Development Kits, and Application Programming Interfaces for you to obtain and use the Platform and the Services through third-party internet sites and software applications.
The Platform’s version may vary depending on a number of variables, including the device you use and the country from where you access the Platform. It’s possible that not all countries, all devices, or all languages will have access to the Services in full or in part.
Which data is collected from the user?
When you sign up for an account, post material to the Platform (in which such capabilities are accessible), use the Services, or comply with our request, we receive and handle information about you. When you use our Platform or our Services, we may also gather information about you automatically.
These comprise technical and behavioral data pertaining to how you use the Services. If you use the Platform without having an account, we may still gather information about you.
How is your information utilized?
Your information is used by us to manage, enhance, and develop the Platform and Services we offer you. Among other things, we use this data to make sure you’re safe. Your information may also be used to deliver and evaluate tailored advertisements and advertise the Platform.
With whom your data is shared?
We may provide your information with outside service providers who assist us in delivering the Platform, notifying you of changes, or conducting analysis.
We may also share your data with any participant of our corporate group in order to improve the Platform, give you access to other services offered by that member, or for inbuilt business requirements. We will disclose your information when and when needed by law to regulators, law enforcement, and other parties in accordance with a court order.
How long will Capcut keep your data?
In order to offer you with the Services, perform our contractual responsibilities, and uphold our legal rights to the data in question, we keep your data for as long as is required.
When we don’t require your information to offer the Services to you, we only store it for as long as it serves a necessary business purpose or we are required by law to keep it. Additionally, if we think it is or will be required for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, we will keep your information.
How will you get to know of any policy changes?
We may sometimes update or modify this privacy statement. Any significant modifications to these Terms will be communicated to you via a notice made available through the System or another appropriate channel, using commercially feasible efforts.
You are deemed to have accepted the new Policy and the manner in which we may collect, use, process, disclose, or transfer personal information if you continue to access or use the Platform or Services after the effective date of the amended Policy.
Data items collected from the users
Following data set is collected by Capcut:
- Registration: date of birth, email, social network profile, passwords etc.
- User Content: region, photos, videos, templates, upload, export etc.
- Other information: Cloud services, payment data, third party service provider data etc.
- Technical Information: IP address, device ID, mobile, device, model, network type, version number, OS, CPU, manufacturer, resolution, language, region, battery, likes, stickers, filters etc.
- Location: Based on IP address or mobile network
- Usage Data: video editing, recommendation based on content, content promotion etc.
- In addition to develop and enhance the auto caption feature, we will gather the transcribed and altered text if you use it.
- Data from other sources such as Facebook, TikTok, Apple, Android etc.
Small files known as “cookies” allow us to gather information from you, including personal information, in order to offer specific services and functionality. Cookies are used by us, our service providers, and business partners to gather information regarding you and your gadget) on the Service and elsewhere and across your various devices. This is something we do to monitor the usage and efficiency of our website.
You agree to our usage of Cookies by using or using the Services and Platform. You might be able to manage some of the data we get by configuring your browser to reject or deactivate Cookies. Please refer to the instructions supplied by your browser as each browser is unique.
Please be aware that in order to reject or deactivate particular Cookie types, you might need to take extra measures. You may need to disable cookies separately for each kind of browser or device since your decision to deactivate cookies is dependent on the specific device or browser that you are using.
You could lose access to certain Platform features if you decide to reject, disable, or remove Cookies. We are unable to offer you the full range of services you have requested without this information.
What happens to the information collected from you?
Your data is utilized in the following manner:
- verifying your identity and age;
- administering and providing you with the System and Services, allowing you to communicate with other users, create, update, and share User Content, and take part in interactive parts of the Platform when you choose to;
- offer you with user support, personalised or personalised information or material that may be of interest to you, interact with you, including informing you of changes to the Platform and Services;
- enforce the terms, conditions, and policies; address, handle, and handle applications, enquiries, requests, grievances, and comments from you;
- administer the System and for core workings, such as debugging, data analysis, testing, research, statistics, and survey reasons; enhance and develop the Platform and make sure tools on the Platform are displayed in the most effective way for you and your device;
- assuring your safety and security by monitoring user content, communications, and related information for breaches and inappropriate material;
- identifying abuse, fraud, and unlawful conduct on the platform;
- if a suitable personalization feature is available, make it available to users;
- for any other purposes for which you have supplied the data with your consent or at your direction; to comply for any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practise, guidelines, or rules; or to assist in enforcement agencies and investigations carried out by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
To whom does Capcut share information with?
Capcut shares information with following parties. This is done in order to provide great services to you:
- Service Providers
- Group Companies
- Third Party Social Network Service Providers
- Advertising and analytics partners
- Law Enforcement
- Sale or merger
- Third-party content
Where is your data stored?
For the reasons outlined in the Policy, the information we get from you about you may be transmitted to and kept at a location within or outside of your country. We’ll do all in our power to keep your information safe and handle it in line with our Policy.
When we move any of your personal information outside of the nation in which you reside, including for one or more of the purposes outlined in this Policy, we will do so in compliance with applicable privacy laws, including by concluding data transfer contracts with the beneficiary to guarantee your personal information is given an adequate level of protection.
What are your rights on the Capcut platform?
You may be able to regulate how you interact with the System by visiting your in-app settings on some versions of the Platform. These settings may allow you to control whether you see specific types of interest-based marketing on the Platform as well as access and edit the majority of your profile information.
In accordance with any relevant legislation, you could also have access to your data, have it deleted, and possibly have other rights. Please get in touch with the developer if you have any concerns regarding how to use the options or about any rights you may have with relation to your personal data in your own country.
Is the information submitted secure?
We’ll do all in our power to keep your information safe and handle it in line with the Policy. You should be aware that no method of data storage or transfer over a public network, including the Internet, can be completely guaranteed to be safe.
To increase the overall safety of our systems, we have put in place technological and organizational safeguards that we will periodically modify and upgrade.
How long is the data retained?
In order supply users with the Platform or the Services, for example, we keep your data for as long as it is required to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. If we do not require your information to deliver the Service or the Products, we will only store it for as long as it serves a necessary business or legal purpose.
To meet our legal requirements or when it’s essential for the creation, exercise, or protection of legal claims, there are times when we must preserve this information for a longer period of time.
We could keep your data in a consolidated and sanitized state after you stop using our platform or services. Despite the aforementioned, we reserve the right to keep any information we deem reasonably required in order to uphold our agreements, meet our legal duties, and settle legal disputes.
Is Capcut suitable for Children?
Children who aren’t 13 or the comparable age limit in the relevant area should not use the Platform since it is not intended for them. Users who are not of legal age may not utilize the application. We shall erase the user’s information in accordance with applicable legislation if we learn that personal information was obtained from a person who was under the required age.
Please get in touch with the creator at [email protected] if you suspect that we may have information on or acquired from a kid under the required age.
Where to raise complaints?
If you have a problem about the way we handle your personal details, please get in touch with us at [email protected] We’ll do our best to respond to you as quickly as we can. This does not affect your ability to file a complaint with the appropriate data protection authorities or use the dispute procedure outlined in the Terms of Service.